Kim Gary Restaurant @ Queensbay Mall

The latest Kim Gary outlet was opened recently here at Queensbay Mall. My first visit to Kim Gary was some years back at Gurney Plaza. That long huh? After an unappetizing and forgettable experience, I vowed never to dine there again. Yet, there were long queues and hordes of customers at the outlet. I wonder why...

Kim Gary Restaurant located at level 1, Queensbay Mall (formerly occupied by Bakerzin)

My second trip here was to meet up with my ex-colleagues for a reunion dinner. Obviously, they are famous for the extensive menu on Hong Kong cuisine as well as western. It would take forever to screen through every meal in their menu. No wonder there were endless queues. It took us almost 15 minutes to choose and fill up the order forms. Forms? Yes, like three different forms!

Having said that, their service was commendable as we were served our drinks without any delay. Next, we were given Borsch soup which came with any set meal. Tasted quite sourish to me.

I ordered Stone Grilled Pork Chop Rice (RM15.90) and it was served hot in a stone pot with a fried egg, pork chop, kimchi, enoki mushroom and mangetout peas. I mixed it with the special sauce which was very tasty and slightly spicy.

The next meal, Prawn Seafood Baked Rice (RM18.90) was rich with cheese and topped with five juicy prawns, a baby octopus, mussel and fish. Delicious indeed!

Finally, the Grilled Chicken Chop (RM20.90) came in a hot plate with fresh broccolis, tomato, sweet corn and potato chips. The meat was tender and full of flavour.

Overall, my perception about Kim Gary has changed. I was pretty impressed by the incredibly extensive menu and the quality of food has definitely improved. So, I believe they do deserve the long queues after all.

Comments

Popular Posts